Wednesday 4 July 2012

I'm an Insane Mudder...

I'm not not in shape...but running 10min non-stop results in looking like I just stepped out of the shower.



I can lift weights, but the only chin up I have ever done was the one I did at age 9.


I can skate, shoot, and body check in hockey...but monkey bars make my arms feel like they are on fire.




Solution?



TOUGH MUDDER.




My coworker sent me the info and asked if I would like to start a team with him...and I was like:


And my brain was screaming NONONONONONONO! BAD! HURT-Y! OW OW OW OW! But my mouth was like:
...and then I looked at the course...



...




OH GOD... WHAT AM I DOING?!!!!




...well, that's a good question...



What I'm doing is challenging myself in a way that I never have before. I'm attempting something that I honestly don't know if I can complete. I'm scared, and that's good. I'm back at the gym 5 nights a week, pushing myself harder than I ever have because I can see those 12 foot high walls, those uphill runs, and those goddamn monkey bars... and I want to beat them.

I want a terrifying deadline to force me into shape. I want to WANT to be the strongest, fastest, and toughest I have ever been. And the Tough Mudder is a pretty terrifying deadline.

Right now I don't care about time, or placing in the top of my category. I just want to cross that finish line in one piece, grab my beer, and flip the biggest middle finger at every time I felt bad about my body, my fitness, or my dedication.


I will not give up, I will not fail, and I will cross that finish line if only to tell my elementary school gym teacher that a 3 out of 5 was pretty fucking shortsighted.


That's right Mr. Yoshimoto, you can suck this Tough Mudder's...um...shoes?


No comments:

Post a Comment